The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) Foundation and Youth Venture have launched the inaugural “Banking on Youth” competitions with the hopes to “Find and Fund Young Changemakers” across the Nation. Youth between the ages of 13 to 20 are invited to submit a creative 90-second video and brief entry form to share their idea for an entrepreneurial venture that will have a direct benefit on society. The top six entrants, chosen by the CBA Foundation and Ashoka’s Youth Venture, will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington D.C. to compete in a “pitch-off” at the annual Youth Venture Summit in Washington D.C. Prizes include the Audience Choice Award of $5,000 and the Grand Prize of $15,000. The application deadline is June 10, 2012. Regional winners of the $1,000 seed money prizes as well as the six national finalists will be announced June 28, 2012.
— DMV CEO (@DMVCEO) May 18, 2012
- April 24: Competition launches and entrants can begin to upload their videos and entry forms.
- June 10: Videos and entry forms due
- June: Judges review videos and forms
- June 28: Regional and national winners are announced
- July 25-28: Six national winners compete in the pitch-off at the Annual Global Youth Venture Summit for a chance to win an Audience Choice Award of $5,000 or the grand prize of $15,000!