Entrepreneurs are traveling to Baltimore, Maryland to participate in Startup Weekend. The 54 hour event brings together entrepreneurs, business owners, marketers, product managers, and startup founders to Baltimore in order to pitch ides, form teams and launch companies. According to its site Startup Weekend is a “global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures.” While the non-profit organization is headquartered in Seattle, Washington Startup Weekend is held in 200 cities across the world.
Here is the Friday Schedule:
- 6:30pm Registration Starts (at Ad.com)
- 7:00pm Dinner & Networking (provided meal)
- 7:20pm Welcome & Speaker
- 7:30pm Pitches Start
- 9:00pm Attendees vote for the top ideas
- 9:15pm Teams start forming and discussing ideas
- 10:00pm Start to formalize teams and take an inventory of skills. Be honest, and direct about what resources and skills are needed for the weekend. You may stay and work as late as the venue will allow
More information available at Baltimore Startup.
Event information at DMV CEO.
Photo Credit: Startup.org